FIX AUTO UK TAYSIDE OPENS AND EXTENDS NETWORK’S REACH TO THE EAST COAST OF SCOTLAND
The businessman, who oversees Fix Auto Aberdeen, Fix Auto Elgin and Fix Auto Inverness, has transformed a former abattoir into the state-of-the-art repair centre that is totally unique within the network for it holds the equipment needed to repair commercial vehicles, double decker buses and HGVs alongside family cars.
Centrepiece within the multi-million investment that includes a 18,000 sq ft workshop, offices and nearly a quarter of an acre of secured vehicle parking, is a colossal spraybooth capable of hosting double-decker buses. Ingeniously, the energy efficient 18-metre-long 12-metre-high booth has been designed to be split in two to either have a proportion shut down when not needed or used as a secondary, separate, unit to increase repair capacity.
To ensure no vehicle is too big or small, the biggest jig believed to be available with a 25-tonne pulling power has been cleverly sunk to ground level. There is also a 10-metre long spraybooth designated solely for LCVs and cars that effectively makes the site a three-booth venture.
Explaining his rationale behind the development, Andy said: “We’re already a well-established car and LCV repairer through our sites in Aberdeen, Elgin and Inverness, increasing our offering to HGVs, coaches and even buses seemed the obvious move for the business. Fortunately, the new site is large enough to accommodate all with even further scope to increase the workshop capabilities if and when required.
“While we have long held an ambition to develop another site, we knew Fix Auto UK would benefit from having a site in the region as it already has established sites on the west coast with Fix Auto Ayr and the cities of Glasgow and Edinburgh. Dundee was the obvious location for both our business and for the network.”
Ian Pugh, Managing Director for Fix Auto UK, said: “It seems yesterday that Andy and his family joined the network and in the five years they’ve been with us they’ve doubled their number of repair centres which is truly impressive and reaffirms the confidence for being part of the network brings. This latest venture not only takes their ability to repair practically any vehicle on our roads and increasing our offering to our insurer partners, but it crucially helps the brand yet again become further established in an area in which we have previously had little or no presence.”
Notes to Editors:
· Fix Auto UK is part of a global franchised network of more than 780 bodyshops.
· Fix Auto UK carries out more than 150,000 body repairs per year for leading motor insurance companies, fleets, and retail customers.
· Fix Auto UK, Lyndale House, Harcourt Way, Meridian Business Park, Leicester, LE19 1WL. Tel: 0116 3265401.
· Fix Auto UK’s Portfolio of wholly owned repair centres comprises Fix Auto Daventry, Fix Auto Colwyn Bay, Fix Auto Barnsley, Fix Auto Crawley, Fix Auto Paignton, Fix Auto Liverpool South, Fix Auto Castleford, Fix Auto Newport and Fix Auto Henley-on-Thames. The Network also holds a majority share in Fix Auto Goole.
· Fix Auto Mid Devon – Marsh Road, Lords Meadow Industrial Estate, Crediton, EX17 1EU 10, Festival Trade Park. Tel: 01363 772066.
Please Note: For further information please contact Mark Richards on 07774 861596. Email: email@example.com