FIX AUTO SLOUGH REVEALS MAJOR INVESTMENT AS PART OF ITS RELOCATION
Fix Auto Slough and Uxbridge owner Ranjit Gill is the latest Franchise Partner within the network to reveal a major programme of investment that will result in the relocation of his Slough business.
He and his team of builders are busy transforming a 6,000 sq ft unit close to his previous site into what he says will be a state-of-the-art repair facility. This will form the template for future repairers looking to successfully run an efficient vehicle repair business.
Moving less than a mile away from the old site, the location is ideal as it is located near to the town centre and Slough’s major arterial roads. The move, which has been eight years in the making, has been driven by the fact his previous unit is earmarked by developers and is due to be raised to the ground by the end of the year.
“I’ve been looking to relocate the business since late 2013 and, in truth, I just hadn’t found the right building that meet our requirements,” said Ranjit, “While some repairers are fortunate to operate out of 10,000+ sq ft buildings, space in Slough is at a premium. I firmly believe with the right processes, the right layout and the right equipment we can significantly increase our productivity operation from a 6,000sq ft building. We have long been frustrated by our existing 5,000sq ft site which, if I’m honest with myself, held us back because of its disjointed layout rather than its size.
“And while the plans have been in place for a long time, finding that right building has been akin to finding a needle in a haystack. But I am delighted to say, I now have the keys to the perfect building and work is well underway to transform it into a repair centre of excellence.”
Centric to his development will be a designated area for repairing, servicing and fast charging EVs, the ‘Tech Bay’ will be laid out to suit the needs of the business, a move which he sees will firmly futureproof his whole repair operation.
In March 2020, Ranjit, who sits on Fix Auto UK’s National Leadership Team, became the first Franchise Partner in the UK to buy out a fellow franchisee when he took over Fix Auto Uxbridge.
Caption: Futureproofing his business… Fix Auto Slough owner Ranjit Gill who is in the throes of transforming a 6,000sq ft unit near to the centre of the Berkshire town into a state-of-the-art repair centre.
Notes to Editors:
· Fix Auto UK is part of a global franchised network of more than 787 bodyshops.
· Fix Auto UK carries out more than 150,000 body repairs per year for leading motor insurance companies, fleets, and retail customers.
· Fix Auto UK, Lyndale House, Harcourt Way, Meridian Business Park, Leicester, LE19 1WL. Tel: 0116 3265401.
· Fix Auto UK’s Portfolio of wholly owned repair centres comprises Fix Auto Daventry, Fix Auto Colwyn Bay, Fix Auto Barnsley, Fix Auto Crawley, Fix Auto Paignton, Fix Auto Liverpool South and Fix Auto Castleford. The Network also holds a majority share in Fix Auto Goole.
· Fix Auto Slough, 662 Ajax Avenue, Slough, SL1 4BG. Tel: 01753 694134.
Please Note: For further information please contact Mark Richards on 07774 861596. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org