FIX AUTO PENZANCE LEADS THE WAY TO BECOME CARBON NEUTRAL
Fix Auto Penzance is on course to become one of the first vehicle repair centres in Cornwall and the West Country to be carbon neutral. Owner Stuart Cameron is urging fellow repairers to follow suit for the sake of the environment.
Mr Cameron’s business was awarded the NBRA’s Green Bodyshop of the Year Award in 2019 following a programme of investment that included establishing a 30KW bank of solar panels to power his unit, converting his lighting to LEDs and implementing significant recycling measures.
His goal is to operate a business making no net release of carbon dioxide and believes that more organisations will stipulate that their suppliers will have to demonstrate their green credentials in the future. Therefore, Stuart has employed ECA Business Energy, specialists in managing the process to become carbon neutral working towards the PAS 2060 standard given out by the British Standards Institution (BSI).
“I’m no eco or green campaigner but I feel we all owe it to ourselves and our families for future generations to do as much as we can for the environment” said Stuart.
“While I didn’t fully understand the environmental benefits at the time, we started investing in environmentally friendly measures four years ago and increased our recycling of materials mainly to try and reduce our operational costs. Now I know the environmental benefits I am totally committed to becoming fully carbon neutral.”
He added: “A repair centre like ours isn’t the most environmentally friendly of businesses. We use a lot of electricity, gas and oil to power the bodyshop and spraybooths. While I’ve installed solar panels to supply electricity, I’m now looking into the possibilities of converting to bio-fuel for the booths and using electric vehicles for our courtesy cars.
“As far as I’m concerned, running a carbon-neutral business is inevitably going to be the future.”
Steve Silverwood, Managing Director of ECA Business Energy, said: “I am delighted to partner with Stuart and his team to assist them on their journey to being carbon neutral. It’s great to see a vehicle repairer have the vision and enthusiasm to ensure they service their customers in an environmentally responsible manner.”
Notes to Editors:
- Fix Auto UK is part of a global franchised network of more than 776 bodyshops.
- Fix Auto UK carries out more than 150,000 body repairs per year for leading motor insurance companies, fleets, and retail customers.
- Fix Auto UK, Lyndale House, Harcourt Way, Meridian Business Park, Leicester, LE19 1WL. Tel: 0116 3265401.
- Fix Auto UK’s Portfolio of wholly owned repair centres comprises Fix Auto Daventry, Fix Auto Colwyn Bay, Fix Auto Barnsley, Fix Auto Crawley, Fix Auto Paignton, Fix Auto Liverpool South and Fix Auto Castleford. The Network also holds a majority share in Fix Auto Goole.
- Fix Auto Penzance, 1B Rospeath Lane, Penzance, TR20 8DU Tel: 01736 741004
For further information please contact Mark Richards on 07774 861596.