CRICKETER’S SIX IS A PUBLICITY SMASH HIT FOR FIX AUTO BRADFORD SOUTH
Fix Auto Bradford South found itself in the national limelight this week after local cricketer Asif Ali literally smashed his ball for six… and shattered the rear window of his car in the process.
The comical incident occurred last weekend as Asif was playing for Illingworth St Mary Cricket Club which the Yorkshire repairer has sponsored for the last five years.
After being initially reported by the Yorkshire Evening Post newspaper which highlighted Fix Auto Bradford South’s association with the club and suggested it would be the ideal place to have the repair carried out, the story went national with Asif’s misfortune being reported by the BBC, ITV and Sky News along with numerous national newspapers including The Mirror, Daily Mail and Telegraph.
BBC Radio 1 Breakfast DJ and cricket fan Greg James re-posted a video clip showing the incident and the story went viral by trending on Twitter and has been featured on other social media platforms.
“I couldn’t believe it,” said Asif, “I’ve played for Illingworth for seven years and this was the first time I’d parked inside the ground in a place I thought was safe and then I go and smash my cars’ rear window. To make matters worse, my family watched the game on YouTube live stream and they saw the whole thing. It was a great shot though. The story is everywhere.”
Sam Smith, Managing Director of Fix Auto Bradford South, said: “Who says sponsoring a local team doesn’t reap rewards? The Yorkshire Post mentioned in their initial report about the irony Asif was wearing the Fix Auto Bradford South name on his shirt and that surely Fix Auto could repair the car and that line has been picked up and ran with by what seems like every news outlet and social media channel in the country. The publicity for the business and for Fix Auto UK has been phenomenal. Paying for the repair is the least we could do.”
Sam added: “The whole story has brought a few smiles to many a face which has to be a good thing.”
Jeremy Rhodes, Chairman of Illingworth St Mary Cricket Club, said: “We are absolutely delighted with the continued support from Fix Auto Bradford South. To pay for Asif’s repair is another generous gesture.”
Notes to Editors:
- Fix Auto UK is part of a global franchised network of more than 778 bodyshops.
- Fix Auto UK carries out more than 150,000 body repairs per year for leading motor insurance companies, fleets, and retail customers.
- Fix Auto UK, Lyndale House, Harcourt Way, Meridian Business Park, Leicester, LE19 1WL. Tel: 0116 3265401.
- Fix Auto UK’s Portfolio of wholly owned repair centres comprises Fix Auto Daventry, Fix Auto Colwyn Bay, Fix Auto Barnsley, Fix Auto Crawley, Fix Auto Paignton, Fix Auto Liverpool South and Fix Auto Castleford. The Network also holds a majority share in Fix Auto Goole.
- Fix Auto Bradford South, Hall Lane, Broomfields, Bradford, BD4 7DG. Tel: 01274 725110.
For further information please contact Mark Richards on 07774 861596.