FIX AUTO MANCHESTER EAST CELEBRATES PAS 2060 SUCCESS
Fix Auto Manchester East has become the network’s second Franchise Partner in as many weeks to achieve carbon neutral status in line with PAS 2060.
And in doing so, Managing Director James Gore declared it was “just the start” of their journey to become as environmentally friendly as possible.
James and his team worked with energy specialists ECA Business Energy to complete their programme of initiatives to ensure carbon neutrality. He said: “We’ve believed for a long time the business was pretty good, environmentally speaking. We installed solar panels nine years ago and have adopted numerous practices since.
“However, due to the energy crisis, we were looking at many additional ways to reduce our consumption and so decided that it would be better to pursue further energy saving projects as part of an overall carbon reduction strategy, which we could measure both in terms of energy and cost savings.”
James added: “Thanks to the guidance from ECA we’re now PAS 2060 certified but, crucially, we now have a baseline showing exactly where we stand. We’re now working on a plan of initiatives which will undoubtedly mean significant investment which really will take the business onto a new level of being environmentally friendly.”
Two weeks ago, Fix Auto Basingstoke announced its PAS 2060 success, while Fix Auto Penzance, Fix Auto Felixstowe, Fix Auto Paignton, Fix Auto Dagenham, Fix Auto Park Royal, Fix Auto Redhill, Fix Auto Luton, Fix Auto Rochester and Fix Auto Milton Keynes already hold the accreditation.
Steve Silverwood, ECA Managing Director, added: “We are delighted to have assisted James and the team in becoming carbon neutral in accordance with PAS 2060. They have committed to actively reduce their emissions year on year as well as offsetting any outstanding emissions. We look forward to helping them on their ongoing environmental journey.”
Notes to Editors:
· Fix Auto UK is part of a global franchised network of more than 780 bodyshops.
· Fix Auto UK carries out more than 150,000 body repairs per year for leading motor insurance companies, fleets, and retail customers.
· Fix Auto UK, Lyndale House, Harcourt Way, Meridian Business Park, Leicester, LE19 1WL. Tel: 0116 3265401.
· Fix Auto UK’s Portfolio of wholly owned repair centres comprises Fix Auto Daventry, Fix Auto Colwyn Bay, Fix Auto Barnsley, Fix Auto Crawley, Fix Auto Paignton, Fix Auto Liverpool South, Fix Auto Castleford, Fix Auto Newport and Fix Auto Henley-on-Thames. The Network also holds a majority share in Fix Auto Goole.
· Fix Auto Manchester East, Cross Street, Oldham, OL4 1JG. Tel: 0161 6241904.
Please Note: For further information please contact Mark Richards on 07774 861596. Email: email@example.com