FIX AUTO BLACKBURN AND FIX AUTO DAGENHAM TAKE POLE POSITION IN LEADING EV MANUFACTURER APPROVAL
Two Fix Auto UK franchisee partners have taken pole position in gaining full vehicle manufacturer repair status by emerging electric vehicle - EV - manufacturer Polestar.
Fix Auto Blackburn and Fix Auto Dagenham are two of the first repairers in Britain to be selected by the Swedish premium brand and their appointments are as a direct result to the sterling service both provide Polestar’s parent company Volvo.
Confirming the appointments, Steve Plunkett, Volvo and Polestar’s Body and Paint Programme Development Manager, said: “Polestar is now firmly established here in the UK. It’s a brand that is growing at a phenomenal pace and we are having to effectively play catch up by providing owners with a network of approved repairers who meet the demands and requirements laid out by years of service to motorists by Volvo.
“I reached out to our Volvo Approved repairers to gauge their position in repairing EVs which arrive with specific requirements of their own to ensure safe repairs. Peter Weddle and his team at Fix Auto Blackburn have invested heavily in their EV repair processes over recent times, because of the high standards they already meet on a daily basis, signing off their new status was really a formality and a privilege.”
Steve added: “Since being appointed as one of our Volvo repairers three years ago, Fix Auto Dagenham has, as you’d expect, met every requirement we demand and excelled as one of our official repairers. Again, they too have sailed through our requirements.”
Founded in 2017 and from Volvo cars racing division, Polestar has now successfully morphed into a standalone design-focused electric performance car brand.
Peter Weddle, Director of Fix Auto Blackburn, said: “Electric vehicles are the future for the industry and we are already seeing a steady increase in the number of EV’s coming into our bodyshop. We have invested heavily over the last 12 months to ensure we are equipped and trained to repair Polestars and other EV’s safely and efficiently.”
Paul Cunningham, Commercial Director at Fix Auto Dagenham added: “Our industry is developing at such a frenetic pace that, some say, hasn’t been experienced in decades and that is mainly down to the explosion of EVs. We simply cannot afford to stand still and ignore their presence on roads. Polestar has undoubtedly emerged as a leading premium brand in this area. Being appointed as one of the company’s first official repairers is a privilege.”
Notes to Editors:
· Fix Auto UK is part of a global franchised network of more than 786 bodyshops.
· Fix Auto UK carries out more than 150,000 body repairs per year for leading motor insurance companies, fleets, and retail customers.
· Fix Auto UK, Lyndale House, Harcourt Way, Meridian Business Park, Leicester, LE19 1WL. Tel: 0116 3265401.
· Fix Auto UK’s Portfolio of wholly owned repair centres comprises Fix Auto Daventry, Fix Auto Colwyn Bay, Fix Auto Barnsley, Fix Auto Crawley, Fix Auto Paignton, Fix Auto Liverpool South and Fix Auto Castleford. The Network also holds a majority share in Fix Auto Goole.
· Fix Auto Blackburn, Unit 5 Challenge Court, Blakewater Road, Blackburn, BB1 5EU. Tel: 01254 277100.
· Fix Auto Dagenham, 429-431 Rainham Road South, Dagenham, RM10 8XE. Tel: 0208 5926111.
Please Note: For further information please contact Mark Richards on 07774 861596. Email: email@example.com